Monday, April 18, 2011

Oh JungTae: Don't Call Me a Hero [For helping Taeyeon]

Posted Image

Upon the incident stage intrusion incident at Lotte World Ice Rink earlier today (April 17th), comedian Oh JungTae said he was “surprised”. Oh JungTae, who was the MC for the event, helped to stop the unwanted incident.

After the event, Oh JungTae called Star News and stated “During the performance, I saw a male stranger going onto the stage to grab Taeyeon so I went up to stop him. After that, the body guards came up to put a stop to the situation.”

Upon receiving praises for saving Taeyeon, he responded, “Don’t treat me like a hero. I just happened to be the first to see and went up. You are embarrassing me.”

He continued “I was surprised, and Taeyeon was surprised as well. After the incident, she said ‘Thank you’ to me and had a small chat with me.”

He stated, “Because of the situation, I don’t know what happened to that guy afterwards. I just knew I had to go up to the empty stage to calm down the confused audience”.

According to SM Entertainment, Taeyeon was surprised but only thought of it as an “incident” and decided to let bygones be bygones. She then continued her performance without any further disruption. There was no harm done and she returned to the dormitory afterwards.

Credit: star.mt.co.kr
Translated by: Taengfan@fanwonder.com